The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: What do you say when someone says "Nice TAG"?

I know what you mean! Sometimes, the watch geek in me comes out and I have to correct them, especially if they should know better i.e. the sales lady in the jewellers where I bought my wife's eternity ring tut tut tut... Sometimes I just say thanks. It's more of a problem for the vintage wathes and the more obscure brands I've found. I've got a couple of Panerai which no-one, and I mean no-one, I know has ever heard of. It doesn't help the Panerai put the model name above the brand name, in the same font, so when someone grabs your wrist and has a good old nose, they always say "Luminor Panerai? Never heard of them..."

I'm discovering it's easier to just nod and smile.

David H

: I don't know how many of you face this problem from time to time:
: You are introduced to someone and they compliment your vintage
: Heuer by saying "ooh nice TAG!"
: That always gives me a twinge between the shoulder blades.
: Do you just smile and nod and say thanks? Or do you nerd out and
: say "well actually it's a vintage Heuer from before it was
: TAG Heuer." Would be curious to hear how other people
: handle this. Usually I just smile and say thanks...but the
: temptation to nerd out is always there.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE