The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re:"Your own word's !"... WORDS...
In Response To: Re:Your own word's ! ()

Hi Timothy - Huxtable

I don't like to argue here usually, but I feel like I need to mention this :

WORDS spells without apostrophe. One word, two words, his words or your words, all without apostrophe.

Assuming you were not just joking when you wrote that, I feel the need to "help" Manuel in this case here.
I know Manuel, and he's a real nice guy. His English may not be perfect, but he's doing pretty good, I think, and dares to write in a foreign language. He is, like I am too, German.
Now, OK, he made a small spelling mistake. But why do you mention it (that way, or at all) ? Is it just because you don't like his opinion, because he is (and he said he is!) not one of you experts and still a "beginner" here, or for some other strange reason?
Just when I wanted to reply here, saying "Hey, Manuel, don't mess with the experts! ;-) " ... because I somehow knew he got himself into "trouble", I read your, what appeared unkind to me, response.
So, please, let's take it - like Sinatra sang - NICE AND EASY here, and NOT tell ourselves about spelling mistakes, OK ?
Especialy NOT fellows from foreign countries like Manuel or all the others from Germany, bella Italia, Scandinavia or anywhere else.
And, by the way, I also don't like that Monaco the way it is.
Most of us, though, like Manuel too, are here to share and to learn. He may like a watch that I don't - fine. And let him ask what seem to be "silly" questions - fine too.
Alright, enough. Peace.
Pace. Frieden.

In case I actually made a spelling mistake, an error, you may keep it. :-)
Cheers,
Olaf

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE