The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Any bigger alternatives to the Carrera?

Hi there. This is my first posting on OTD, and usually I just read/look at what others are saying but I thought your question was particularly pertinent, as I purchased a lovely 3647 Carrera from a seller on OTD last year. It arrived safe and sound from Switzerland to my home here in New Zealand. Looking at these watches on-line can be a little misleading size-wise, and of course when I eagerly opened the package which had taken about a month to get here, I found I had a rather shrunk down version of the watch which I had been lusting after for years. However now after several months of ownership, the 'size issue' is not a factor, and the fact that the watch is a true design classic both aesthetically and in form and function outweighs size issues. I attended a very small Chivas Regal tasting just a few days ago here in Auckland, and there were all the usual watches there on the wrists of the movers and shakers - Breitling, Omega, Rolex etc etc - but the size of most of these watches perturbed me. I left happy that I had chosen the Carrera and not gone for a 'statement wrist piece' - the equivalent of a loud ill fitting suit. Give a nice 2447 or a 3647 a go. These are classic design pieces which will withstand any current penchant for the saucer sized watches you see bandied about on the wrists of people these days.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE