The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I think you need to live with one for a bit *PIC*

Paul and Nathan are right - there really is nothing quite like a 60's Carrera and you do get used to the size. I'm not sure just trying one on is enough, it takes a few days to really learn to appreciate them i think. I am a big guy (6'4'') and I wear a 60's Carrera at least one working day each week (I think they work best when worn relatively formally). I alternate it with a contemporary Calibre 1887, which is huge by comparison - but I really enjoy this difference in the two watches. Such a vastly different size, but astoundingly similar cases, faces, hands etc.

So, if you really do need bigger - I think you can't go wrong with a 1887, but the 60's Carreras are, for me, peerless. (sorry for the awful photo)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE