The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Clearing a misunderstanding and a thought to consider

Thanks Jeff,

Thanks for the input and copying the discussion that was on GVM recently. First however I want to avoid any form of misunderstanding regarding OTD. My mail from yesterday did not relate in any way on how things are going on Onthedash.
OTD was, is and will always be a great place to come to, read and discuss about Heuer related issues. The contributions are always of interest and I have rarely seen any discussions where contributors went out of bound. As one of the oldies I have visited the site from the very beginning. When was that, 2001 or 2002? So do not worry about OTD. Not only A.C. ( see the Dunc discussion) also OTD is Triple A!

In that respect your question should be how we can control ourselves as a group and as individuals in keeping this an enjoyable hobby, where basic manners are respected in collecting, buying , selling, interacting with eachother in an honest, reputable way, without being blinded by the money that is involved, and without losing our manners when trying to beat other bidders. Not so easy, I am sure. This surely requires some thinking. Maybe I am looking for a kind of "Code of Practice". However, how do you arrange that with an informal group. Some kind of Membership Organisation maybe, where each member confirms to adhere to that Code of Practice before being accepted? Just brainstorming now....... I would be in favour to be a member of that I think, and would be willing to pay a fee for that. I am not advocating however that OTD should only be there for the members, no way. It would do already if members can be recognized from non-member visitors. While posting on a site, or when selling/buying a watch in the public domain such as Ebay etc.

In a way we are already pretty organized. Having a forum, organizing meetings ( 2008, 2010 and who knows what comes next), producing books ( e.g. R.C.), "having two house photographers" (S.M. and P.G, )...

What do others think about this wild idea? Am I going to far now? Are there other alternatives to make things better?
And Jeff, are you aware of such C.O.P.'s existing in other less formal collector groups?

Greetings Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE