The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Beautiful combo, any ideas of Heuer connection?

Hi Darwin,

That's a perfect combination of your Zodiac on a vintage style strap, you've got me looking for one now too. If anything I can also preserve the buckle which is pristine on my watch from any scratches while still enjoying wearing it.

I've been wondering if our Zodiacs were actually built by Heuer or if the use of the Cal. 12 movement was through the Buren connection and that Zodiac was in control of the assembly/parts procurement process. I know the guys at vintagezodiacs.com tend to think that the Heuer input wasn't as deep into the Zodiac chrono line. It would be interesting to know which models Heuer actually built and which they didn't and how deep the business relationship went.

I can say that this Zodiac is certainly very well built and the finish is excellent regardless of who built it. I guess I want to believe there is a direct Heuer connection because I find the whole cross-branding thing fascinating. The fluted chrono pushbuttons also seem to be identical to the Heuers of the era. Maybe someone has some experience with these?

If these were built by Heuer I wonder what years this relationship ran and how many years/versions of the Cal.11/12 were made.

: Hello Rick,

: Nice Zodiac...
: Mine says hello!

:
:

: I have its original bracelet as well, but in my opinion leather
: straps are much classier, sportier, and comfortable.
: I have never own a better conversation starter than this one.
: People tend to think it's the coolest thing.

: Enjoy your new addition.

: Happy New Year!

: Darwin

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE