The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Thoughts on El Primero Big Blue / TV?

Does anyone have experience / thoughts regarding owning a Zenith El Primero Big Blue / TV (ref. 01.0200.415)? I've never worn one of these, but I'm drawn to the 70's style, and I've always wanted an El Primero movement. I always pass on them though, mainly because of the wide bracelet and concern that it will be too much metal on the wrist. I have a fume Silverstone that I enjoy (on a strap for now)...think I would enjoy a Big Blue as well?

Any thoughts on ownership experience / collectibility would be much appreciated. I've read all the forum posts I could find by Lou S and others, but looking for specific feedback on the Big Blue.

I'm not looking to buy this exact watch, but one similar with the same NSA style bracelet:
http://www.chrono24.com/en/zenith/el-primero--id2175592.htm

Thanks all,

Jim

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE