The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Definite Maybe

My wrist is small (165mm) and while the TV Zenith fits me well, it is one of the heaviest watches I ever owned. I sold it because it was just too much to carry around.

I use chronographs frequently in my work, and I found the thin, silver hands of the TV El Primero difficult to read. One must angle the face in the right way to see things clearly.

It is a very nice piece, though. You definitely understand the meaning of quality when wearing one. Insofar as value goes, these watches tend to sell for around 2000 monetary units. Resale value is poor. You can find many NOS examples lying around. Once they sell, they are often difficult to move out because there are still many examples of the watch available.

I prefer the square link bracelet. It is heavier and matches the weight of the head better than the NSA—which is very light. The square bracelet is very comfortable.

Be mindful that there are variations in the bezel and date wheel colors. There is also a black dialled version that is very rare.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE