The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
big yes from me

I'd vote a strong yes.

Some background & context... at first I just collected Heuers. Then I branched out a bit to all the 70s classic chronos - Zenith, Omega, Breitling, etc. After a while the non-Heuers just didn't interest me as much as the Heuers and I sold most of my non-Heuers. The only keepers were a couple of Zeniths and a few Omegas. The blue TV Zenith remains a keeper and a favourite of mine. It's sort of like a cool mongrel child of the Monaco and a classic vintage Audemar Piaget Royal Oak (with the built in bracelet). I really ejoy it whenever I wear it. My only comment would be I much prefer the integrated "coffin link" style bracelet, the bracelet is a superb work of art, solid and beautifully crafted - so maybe wait till you find one like that - I don't think watches with the integrated bracelet are that rare.

My only slight criticism is that maybe the hands are a bit small for the size of the watch, but other than that it is just a superb design.

This was one of my surprise buys on ebay - the guy did not even mention the box and papers and they just came as a present when the watch arrived. You don't really get that anymore. I'm not a big one for ephemera, but I just love the old skool computer punch card papers, that is just so classic 70's.

Good luck with the search, completely recommended.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE