The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 741.603 vs 73463
In Response To: Re: 741.603 vs 73463 ()

: The "Shauntavia" is a rare execution with less than 5 known samples.
:

Definitely closer to 10 when we work through all the times it has been posted about on here, not all of which it would have been called "Shauntavia" in unfortunately. "Arabic Autavia" should turn up a few results too. In fact, I'd wager it's over ten.

Not wanting to single Paul, or the Shauntavia, out but there have been a few "less than X" calls of late that are a bit under - pretty much every watch Heuer produced is fairly "limited" in production anyway. There are Carreras underneath and Calculators above, but that group of serials for Shauntavias and GMTs spans numbers starting both 297 and 298, so is potentially 2000 examples wide. Which should be considered alongside the number of examples we have seen - the actual figure of remaining examples will be somewhere between that and the 10 or so we have seen on the forum.

A wide range, yes, but that's the uncertainty we have to deal with - we only get to see a tiny fraction of the watches that exist passing through the forum. For every one we see, there are probably 10 or more others. That uncertainty is the nature of the best we have to deal with.

And before it seems like I'm having a go at Paul, let me reiterate what I've said before, that that is the best example of the Shauntavia I have ever seen!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE