The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Don't think Orfina/IWC/Eterna ever shipped that 1.
In Response To: Porsche Design *PIC* ()

Porsche Design *PIC* Posted By: Reza Date: 8/3/04 19:41 GMT

Hi all,

Hello again Reza...

I know this is not a Heuer, but it has a resemblence of the Heuer 510.523. This piece sports a Lemania 5012 movement.

Um, no... No, it does not sport a Lemania 5012 movement. It sports a 5100 Lemania movement.

The 5012 movement is similar to the 5100 with the exception that the 12 o'clock register is not utilized for a 24-Hour indication as seen on this example which you pictured:

My question is, it doesnt look like your typical Porsche Design case.

That's not a question, that's a statement. It does not look like any Porsche Design ever made by Orfina, IWC or Eterna.

Is this a genuine article? Has any of you seen this example before.

Nope, it is not in my assessment a genuine original watch. Indeed it does not even look like the 5100 Heuer Carrera. I own two 510.523's and a 510.511 and the case shape is similar but not particularly close to the Heuer.

Thanks in advance.

Reza

The watch in my collection it looks closest to is my Mistral Timing c.5012:
Which appears to share the same case, but Porsche Design never shipped any with this case to my knowledge.

I hope this helpful...

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Chronographs, like many things in life, only improve with age…

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE