The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Internet forums and OtD

I read the thread expecting some interesting discussion. At first sight the Heuer crest looked not so bad, compared the to usual overprints (check out the sad Carrera Dato redial above... sorry), so I was interested in the pro and con arguments. There were reasoned arguments from Jeff and Stewart. But the reaction was pretty shocking - a few decent counter arguments that may have made sense, but these were completely invalidated by playground name calling style and, especially, the bans. Hard to be convinced by that type of argument.

I guess I am too used to this forum, maybe the TZ-UK way is the more common method of discussion across Internet forums and we live too sheltered a life here. I like the etiquette generally observed here - nobody just says "it's a fake, I know better than you", instead they give reasons why they came to their view. Let's keep it that way, it's the only way to learn.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE