The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Good summary Andrew

I think that about sums it up perfectly Andrew.

I've had an inbox full of emails from longstanding members (and newer members) saying the same, saying that it's a shame that so much in-fighting goes on, and that they try to avoid all the bad stuff, but that it's getting increasingly more difficult to do so.

I've witnessed some truly despicable behaviour in the past, focused on newbies and longtimers alike. There is a bunch of really nice people on there, sensible and level headed, but they are gradually being drowned out by those that just want to argue/start a keyboard battle or those just chasing the post-count limit to access the Sales section. It's sad really, it used to be a very friendly forum. There are some that hold grudges and whenever a particular person posts, their 'stalker' shows up and has a pop.. then it descends into yet another war of words. There is also a culture of agreeing with anything the site owner says, and will behave like a wolfpack if anyone says a wrong word.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get berated on there for saying so, as the silent majority won't dare speak up for fear of being ousted/set upon, which I totally understand.
To be honest, it's great to be able to focus my 'forum time' on here, and this place is my favourite forum anyway, 80% Heuer, 20% amazing other vintage watches.. what more do you want!?! It was getting to be a ball-ache to post here and on another forum, doubling up everything.. so, as our US brothers might say, I'm pretty stoked ! :0)

Take it easy
Stewart
- Heuerville

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE