The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Summit September 2013
In Response To: Heuer Summit September 2013 ()

Thank you, Abel, Paul, and Ron, for organizing such a fantastic Summit! It was spectacular and the days flew by too quickly. I can't thank you enough for all of your work organizing it.

Thanks also go to TAG Heuer for their support of the event and community. I found it heartening to see TAG Heuer trying to embrace and celebrate its history. At least one senior person at the company told us that the company is interested in promoting its vintage pieces and the vintage market in countries such as China. If Chinese collectors begin to go after Heuers as they seem to be going after great vintage Rolexes, watch out for some serious rising prices. And what's not to love about great vintage Heuers? Chronographs with interesting designs, beautiful dials, nice movements, and a great incorporation of color on so many of them should always be in style.

The Heuer collector community is special. The people that I have met who collect Heuers are among the nicest guys I have met in the world of watches. It was great meeting so many people in person who I had only known by name on this forum. This community is part of the attraction of continuing to collect Heuers and staying involved with the community (including checking this forum daily).

I found it interesting and notable how many collectors at the Summit had begun collecting Heuers since 2010. And many of these collectors have amassed serious, sizable, and enviable collections. Although I currently have a small and humble collection of three Heuers (I had to sell a few to fund my graduate studies this past year), the first serious vintage watch I ever purchased was a Heuer Carrera 2447S in June 2010 off of eBay with the help and advice of Jeff Stein. That started the beginning of the Heuer bug for me.

I'll be working on a HODINKEE article about the Summit now that Abel, Paul, and Ron have written their recap. I took about 500 pictures during the course of the Summit, but I'll only be including the best. I'll post it here when it is published.

Thank you, again, to Abel, Paul, and Ron, TAG Heuer, and all those that attended for their kindness and hospitality. I look forward to the next one!

Best regards,
Eric Wind

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE