The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Does that mean the trip to South America is off ?

LB:I think this great web site has gone to your head just a teeny tiny bit .

Chuck:Opinion & not especially irrelevent even if true.

Chuck:I don't honestly believe any of us want to be a lynch mob, or re-enact the Salem Witch trials on watches,

LB:I thought the Bezel questions to the long winded UK seller was a bit over the top . Just a little bit . Tiny bit .

Jeff:
Surely courts must have ruled on the right of a third-party to use photographs to illustrate / expose fake goods? Then the answer became clear: How many guys selling fake goods would go into court to seek to protect their rights to their photographs? Not a single one! What would they claim as damages -- the amount that they would have stolen from the innocent purchaser?

Chuck:
Never said it was (a defense) or that he (photographer/copyright holder) was an AS---LE. Only that no seller of fake goods is going to take the trouble, time, effort or money to press the point.

LB: I used As---LE instead of Fake Seller in answer to Jeff’s “Surely the courts mast have” question/ statement and to the question below

Jeff:
Let be realistic about this -- The owner of this watch owns both the watch and the original copy of the photograph; he is seeking to sell the watch in a commercial transaction, presumably for a profit; at this time, he has been put on notice that the watch is a fake. How realistic is it that any court, anywhere in the world, will protect his exclusive right to use this photograph? Will a court prevent OTD's use of this photograph to expose the fraud and protect prospective purchasers?

Chuck:
I don't believe OTD is contemplating such action.

LB:
Does that mean the trip to South America is off ?

Chuck:
I'm not particularly looking for an argument or a debate on this topic. However, I don't see any reason to discontinue from pointing out obvious fakes when I see them.

LB:No one is stopping you. You go girl! But the topic is copyright .

Chuck: My opinion, Jeff's opinion, heck, Derek has a Rouge's Gallery on Chronocentric so it's probably safe to say his opinion as well, is that this falls under fair use. I'm not a lawyer, nor do I believe is Derek, but Jeff is. Are you?

LB:Opinion not concrete evidence .

Derek is I.T. and in conflict as is Jeff

No I’m not a lawyer but I have a really big head . Are you a watchmaker ? ”Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with age…”
Oh My god ! My micro rotor is worn out and the 5th wheel is missing a tooth and my zero return lever is snapped . Oh my god the NOS Autavia I just started wearing has gummed up and is not keeping time But Chuck said they would get better with time ! Sorry cheap shot and I'm sorry but you almost called me a lawyer.LOL

Has anyone ever found out which is the better movement for wear Valjoux 7750 , High beat Zenith or the calibre 12?

Cheers

PS the wife an I were trying to spell “arse” so again ,thanks Chuck

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE