The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Magnanimous people do not name call or misquote...
In Response To: magnanimousness of me ()

Before you do your "troll" like cutting , paisting and making things bold

If there is anyone who is acting like a Troll in this conversation, it is not me.

I will format my posts as I see fit. Do not presume to tell me how to do so. In fact it would behoove you to do a little more emulating and a little less criticizing as we will soon see.

remember the franken seller with the near perfect vintage Autavia with the Seiko bezel.

And it was a Franken, as you again admit. It certainly didn't come with that bezel originally, now did it?

You said it was a franken because of the seller

No I said exactly " elvirab is a well known Heuer faker. AVOID!!! *NM* " I did not say it was the only reason the watch in question was of dubious origin, but that was an excellent tip off that it was.

There is a saying that you can tell when a politician is lying... How? It's really easy, their lips move! The same thing with Elvirab.

You yourself admit it is a non-original piece put together with Seiko parts.

" you buy a watch you buy the seller".

That is not what I said. That is a misquote.

This is specifically why I cut and paste "LB", to avoid misquoting people. Yet you call me a troll and call me to task about quoting directly from previous posts more than once.

That is Bullshˇt "L.B.".

Do not misquote me or anyone else here "LB". If you can not quote me correctly then do not quote me. There is an established way in forums to make ,,you said something to this effect,, quotes, and I just used it in that example.

The title of your post was:

magnanimousness of me

Magnanimous people do not call others who take the time to clearly and correctly quote and format for easy reading names like “troll” nor do they misquote those people.

L.B. do not repeat either behaviour on this forum.

Consider your reply carefully before you post it.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with age…

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE