The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
"Heuer" Seafarer / Refinished Dial -- Listed Again

This past February, we had a discussion about a Seafarer that was listed on ebay. We concluded that (a) the name "Heuer" never appeared in a Seafarer dial (only the name "Abercrombie & Fitch"), and (b) the dial on this particular watch had been refinished. This was the subject of some controversy with the seller.

I notice that this Seafarer, or a similar one, is listed today on ebay. I don't know whether this is the same seller / previous purchaser / someone else. I know that several readers are looking for Seafarers. Before bidding on this one, you might want to review our prior discussion, shown in the following frame - - -

Previous Posting re Fake / Refinished Seafarer

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE