The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
OK..

I'll try not make this personal.

: Hello again;
: Who the heck is complaining As saw the post it
: was just 2 cents,

I thought you were complaining. Your first E-mail reads ( to me ) like a..... "GREAT, why do I have to go elsewhere, when you could tell me here."

Maybe I misunderstood it's meaning completely.

As for OTD I was one of
: the folks who know about it when it came
: out. Fantastic site.

Agreed. it is a fantastic site. But now I'm confused... your original post states ... "I have not yet had the time to even check out that other site. so does that mean that all my ?s and knowlege are at this one stop shop .."

But you already know about OTD... If you have read it ( or even some of it ) you'll know the answer to your question.

But as a Master
: Watchmaker I am not very good at this
: computer stuff.

& I can't repair watches !

: I think this forum was about this site, Not OTD
: site!

The second link from the top in the OTD site is to this forum, so I would argue this forum doesn't "belong" only to Chronocentric. I'm sure many people find OTD first & then the forum via OTD.

: I have no problem going on ebay and getting
: burned with a fake pre Tag Heuer as it will
: not happen to me.

good

But I will tell you I have
: seen some very nice (well One nice )Fake
: Heuer because of this site forum not the
: other one.

Well if you read OTD more, you may see more Fakes & increase your knowledge further.

As you point about
: "BIG" What the heck do you mean?

I have no idea what you mean here. YOU referred to "Big ?" in your post, my reply doesn't include the word BIG.

: Also no one on this side is Lazy at all,
: Just some of us do not have DSL and do not
: have all day to sit hear and read 99.99% of
: the time wounderful stuff.

I got DSL yesterday ( yipee ) I have read OTD without DSL. What does ths have to do with being lazy ?

I have learned a
: long time ago when someone calls another
: lazy ETC. that that is why thay are angry at
: them selfs.

I'm not angry.

Maybe if you applied your self
: to less computer goating and reading you
: could get out there and earn enough to Buy a
: Heuer.

Maybe I have enough money for a Heuer, maybe I don't. You seem to think that I don't. That's good let's just leave it like that.

I learned a long time ago that "I can't afford" is usually another way of saying "that is not very high on my list of priorities "

: As for how long I have been here, Not real long
: Maybe less then a year. But you are so good
: with the stuff , There must be a way for you
: to look me up and my posts. I know you can
: do this with other sites. But Again have not
: had the time to do it hear.

Yes there is a good search facility here, but it's not really that interesting for me. I'd rather spend my time doing other things.

I LOVE what Jeff
: has done for the world of Heuer
: folks!!!!!!!!

Me too

and never have ever said
: differant.

Me neither

: So I do not know if you have not read my stuff
: or you forgot your medication.

I don't know if I've read your other stuff. I don't keep track of who posts what.

The second half of your sentence.... that's a bit personal isn't it ? & by the way , WAY off the mark.

But man as
: you said its a good site so just mellow out.

OK.

: Ps where are these other sites you speak of ?

There are hundreds of Watch Forums out there. If you look you'll find a few.

: This is the only pre Tag site I know of and
: OTD.

so, you state there is only 1 pre-Tag site & then admit there are 2 in one sentence....

I would love to know about more. as if
: you have read some past Posts , Jeff also
: loves that others have started a Tag post He
: gave them the thums up.

I read the posts about the "other" Tag-Heuer website/forum.

So please if its ok
: to tell us," where are these other
: places you speak of"?

"seek & you shall find"

BUT if you read my reply, you'll see that I never make any claims about other (Tag) Heuer sites/forums... I am referring to watch sites/forums.

: PSB

Steve

To stop this getting boring, please E-mail me if you want to take this further. If you choose to answer / reply here, I won't write another response.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE