The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Carrera 45 ref. 3647NT

: Looks original to me Gianmarco, and this is a rare (and desirable,
: the two don't always follow) execution. You'd expect the strap
: to have been replaced, most of the originals would be in an
: unusable condition by now if they had been worn.

: As long as the money the shop is asking isn't ridiculous, it would
: be a safe buy.

Hi Mark

Thank you so much for your advice! I understand the input concerning the strap but as the buckle isn't an original one with Heuer engraving and I am not sure if the original one had this or not and also I saw some pictures of this watch on the net with concav registers and others with plain ones, plus the position of the fluorescent point not being exactly on the quarter-past position...

Well, I think I will go for this one as it looks so amazing to me and the price seems to be ok (around $3'000) even if there are no original papers going with it. Can you agree with it?

So, very soon I hope to be a proud owner of this great Carrera. As soon as I can take some good pictures of it I will post them here on the forum.

Thanks for all,
Gianmarco

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE