The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heresy . . . Belair GMT!!

I've got to admit it . . . I have owned a couple of the Autavia 2446C GMTs over the years, but they just don't do it for me. It's hard to say why not . . . maybe the legibility, too many hands, something I can't quite describe.

And then there's the Autavia 1163 GMT, which I owned and made the mistake of selling. Yes, I am determined to find a replacement for that one!!

After seeing Paul's posting this morning, I pulled this Belair out of the box, put on a strap, and off we go. So far, so good . . . I really like the contrast between the white hands and the black dial; the bezel is absolutely beautiful; and the details on the dial appear to be identical to the Heuer dials.

Here's the Instagram photo, taken en route to the office.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE