The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Movement image
In Response To: Re: Movement image ()

: One observation would be that the movement signed Ed Heuer co. is
: supposedly rare prior to the Heuer-Leonidas merger. See this
: link for more details. Can't say I have seen an off center
: "Swiss" with no T on 3647T.

Almost everywhere I have looked I found T on the dial, but there was one example on an old for sale listing that also missed the T

http://market.watchprosite.com/?page=photo.raw.forum&msid=17613998&imgid=2064823&fi=712&pi=4314323&ti=678143&s=0&size=raw

That is not to say the watch in the link isn't also wrong...

And the offset writing does seem strange, although they are not my photos and I don't have the watch here yet so I am not sure if it is really strongly offset, or perhaps if a large part of the problem is just an optical effect of the photograph.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE