The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
IOMTT is epic

I love watching the IOMTT every year (on TV), and each time I am simply gobsmacked. Like someone said 'balls of steel', but I don;t even think that covers it!

I do enjoy all kinds of Motorsport, F1, Le Mans.. but when I watch those nutters going around the TT, it makes Le Mans (or any 4 wheel sport) look like a fairground ride - and I don't say that lightly. I keep promising myself that I'll get my ass down to the IOM, but have yet to do so. In fact, I have a relative who used to race there, unfortunately he crashed & lost his life at Glen Helen 35 years back.

I remember the Mike Hailwood Silverstone being up for auction. I was kicking myself for not having a bid, as it sold for a very reasonable price.

I too strongly recommend everyone to watch 'Closer to the Edge' - it's a great film, and Guy Martin is a legend!

Stewart
Heuerville

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE