The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Surprising!

Dear Jeff,

Somebody got very lucky with that 2446cSN! I know it might sound a bit strange to say but in today's market the price paid for that example was a real bargain. A lot of strong collectors are searching for such an elusive 2446cSN. It might not be everybody's cup of tea...but for me it's one of the best dials Heuer ever made, if not the best. The compressor case is not really one of my favorites...but the dial makes up for it more then enough.

Now a bold statement, but I am confident to say that this "reference", so the 2446cSN is in my books one of the most valuable Heuer watches at this moment (except for the "real" McQueen Monaco, and it will probably at the same level as any ChronoMatic Autavia or Monaco). I am sure not everybody will agree, but I am not asking that :-) Just my own personal experience with the collectors market.

And ofcourse...these dials are 100% original Heuer. Picture taken from the dial archive in TAG Heuer Headquarters at La-Chaux-de-Fonds (first time ever that all the dial Heuer produced were exposed to collectors) at the 2nd Heuer Summit that Ron, Paul and I organized back in September 2013 (nice memories).

Some years ago...I think 6 or 7, or maybe even more. There was such an 2446cSN dial for sale on eBay. I was looking at it and decided not to buy eventually, I also know Darren was looking at it the same time and did not buy it. It sold for around 100 euro eventually if memory serves me right, and the "crazy" Dutchman (sorry Ron ;-), but this is how we all know you) bought that dial and made a very nice 2446cSN with that dial, using a "standard" 2446cNS as a donor watch ofcourse. I even think Ron did some research at the time and inquired also with TAG Heuer Switzerland and communicated with Jack W. Heuer about it as well...maybe Ron can chime in when he reads this??

I know of 5 examples worldwide now, including this last one from eBay. And I am also sure that all of them have been "assembled", with the dial as a starting point. Also fact is that all dials I know came from US market.

My congratulations to the new buyer and I hope we will have the opportunity to see it come to surface again here on OTD!

Oh yes...in case the buyer of that 2446cSN would regret his purchase...just let me know and I would be happy to add some $$$$ on top ;-)

Here's mine;

Best,
abel.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE