The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I feel the same way Jurgen
In Response To: Re: Guilty as charged ()

I have been a long term collector & member here at OTD & in the process i've made a lot of friends & ZERO enemies.
I'm not going to change that status as i not only love my vintage Heuer's but love the interaction & passion shared here.
( Just in case you readers are unaware this is a relatively harmonious & friendly forum when you consider its accessible to the public - other forums have a much higher rate of conflict. Its a jungle out there people !! )

But it sadens me to see this recent sharp rise in pricing if ts deemed to have come from price speculation & profiteering.
I am one of the fortunate to be sitting on a collection acquired over the years however the new price levels have pretty much priced me out of the buying arena. I can definately agree that Heuer watches were under appreciated in the past which in turn was reflected in the prices but sadly i dont think the recent sharp increase in value has come solely due to the collectors of other brands waking up to how cool they are.
I fear this is not a price bubble & that these values are now upon us, i am now a dinosaur doomed to repeat the stories of how it used to be ...
I do hope that the new wave of owners come to this forum & participate in the experience, otherwise the more exotic pieces will not be shown to us here - much like the 18K 1158 Chronomatic Carrera that was sold some months back. We never got to see it here where it would be most appreciated.
Sorry to be an old grump, i'm not feeling well today & may well have let that come across in this post. I promise more smiles & cheer in the future.

- Darren

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE