The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Carrera showdown: 3647 & 7753

Robert,

Thank you for your reply.
I wondered if there is an actual size difference between the subdials, I had that impression at first, but then I thought that it was due to the different hands & different font of the subdials.
Very interesting.
As far as my 3647's chrono hand is concerned, I believe it left the factory white: the watch spent its first 25 years in northern Africa, and whilst the dial has not aged, the hands & lume show aging. I believe that the hand started to discolour, and maybe the paint was taken off during a service? I bought it from the second owner, who got it this way 20 years ago... Maybe it started its life silver, but I doubt it!

For now, I do not have a preference between these 2 and my 2447T. The 2 counters are more elegant, but the 2447 has that classic sixties layout :)

If anyone has seen another early Carrera with a silver chrono hand, it would be interesting to know!

L

: Lorenzo,

: Thank you for this very interesting and useful side-by-side
: comparison!

: Without discussing the pros and cons of every difference between
: the two, there is one thing I had never noticed before: it looks
: as if the subdials of the 7753 have a slightly larger diameter
: than the ones of the 3647. After overlaying both watches in
: Photoshop, it actually seems to be the case.

: My personal preference is the 3647, which for me embodies the true
: sense of reduction and elegance: less is more. I even like it
: more than the 2447.

: As a small side note regarding your fantastic watches, I haven't
: seen a silver chrono second hand on a 3647 N so far, I always
: thought it should be white.

: Robert

:
: –––––––––––––––––––––––––

: IG: heuer_carrera

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE