The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: It's definitely brown....
In Response To: It's definitely brown.... ()

Ron it MUST be black. I dont think its a fake. But probably discoloring over the years like we know that from daytona watches. May be the dial was refurbished once? or we have some inner chemical proccesses going on in the watch which lead to this fading????

However I would take this watch if you get the chamce. Probably 900-1100 euro would be a fine price with this dial: this is my personal guess: what do other sthink.

If you dont take the watch please forward the info from the seller. I work in Holland (Zuid Limburg) and can be at any place in about 1.5 hours.

groetjes

Alex

: I received an e-mail from the seller, whom I've
: met in person and dealt with before, and
: that I trust. He's says it's brown. Not
: faded but really brown. Also he's convinced
: that it's an original dial.
: Is there a chance that some left Heuer with a
: brown dial? It just doesn't make sense to
: fake a dial, and use a non-original color.
: Although stranger things have happened off
: course :).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE