The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My take
In Response To: Advice on Autavia GMT please.. ()

My Take:

>re case type: there are 3 GMT cases:
-super autavia: thicker, w/no cutouts for pushers
-case with crown at 3
-this case, with cutouts

the thicker case is rarest

>re: Band, the integral link (vs, rice bead) is far rarer; it appears on my watch in the gallery. I rarely see it on autavia; same style as Daytona

> Bezels are the holy grail:

-there is a flat matte version, with dark blue
-a glossy mirror version (rarest)
-a intense red/blue version with more lines/ # on it

Make sure the guy sends you a photo in the sun, as the variation in bezel color/hue is massive. Also, on the glossy version, scratches show up like crazy.

Value is all relative and based on supply; I got mine for $1500 last summer, needed $300 repair(my card refunded, since seller would not).

I still search for the NOS GMT!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE