The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Setting the time... how often?

No daylight saving time is not practiced where I live. The sun rises and sets at pretty much the same time all year. Warm and sunny half the year and rainy/stormy the other half.

On the watch front. I've tried several different watch positions at night (roughly 12mn to about 8am). I've tried face-up, face-down, 12 o'clock up, 6 o'clock up. Face up and down both register the same -2 seconds. 12 o'clock up slows it by a greater margin. 6 o'clock up gives the best results at -1 seconds per day.

What I can't seem to find is a position that makes it run faster.

Oh. One other thing, I do wear the watch 24x7 typically... The only time I didn't would be when I experiment with these different watch positions overnight. Also, the watch I would think is broken in already. I've had it for about a month now.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE