The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Omega owners really want Rolex
In Response To: Omega owners really want Rolex ()

That's an old debate.
Being a vintage collector I find the Rolex production of the 1940-60s rather limited (and certainly overrated): oyster, oyster and oyster (with the odd chrono, explorer or milgauss).
Vintage Omega is great fun. Hundreds of case and dial variations -- military, sports dress and technical watches -- as well as beautiful movements make it a really fun brand to collect. A vintage connie or a midsize seamaster, a 30TRg chronometer, a Ranchero or one of the first moonwatches really stand on their own feet in terms of styling and workmanship. OK, Omega's marketing isn't as good as Rolex (Sorry, Cindy) but honestly, owning both brands, when I want to stick to good taste, I'll always wear my beautifully aged 1939 30T2 steel Omega or one of my gold and subsec dial (6-killer) 1940's cal 265 rather than my black dialed oyster, whose only cultural advantage is its water resistance. But then again, I'm not usually dumped in a pool by surprise (not any more).

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE