The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: How Do You Choose: 2531.80.00 or 2054.50.00??

Hey Steve,

These are two very similar and yet very distinctive watches. I agree with what most of the guys have said -"Go with your gut". Part of the fun and frustration of choosing a watch is the feeling you get when you know you have found 'the ONE'. It does not happen often because with any watch, chances are there may always be something about it that isn't quite right or that you wish was different; bigger hands, sub-second dial, smoother-sounding bezel, etc.
If, in a perfect world, we all owned our own watch companies, then we would probably get exactly the watch that we want.
Either watch is great. I love the Bond watch, but I wish the hands were not skeletonized. I love the new Seamaster with the sword-shaped hands, but the hour markers seem too big to me. But I like the watch because it is highly legible. Even if you live to be 100, you'll still be able to read the time on it with poor eyesight.
Which one do I wear? Hell, I've wanted to be Bond since I was eight.

teeritz

P.S.- I've just read what I wrote and I don't think I've offered you any help at all, Steve. Choose the one that makes you smile.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE