The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Anyone come from owning other brands to Omega?

: Just wondering if anyone owned other high end
: brands, came into Omega, and then decided
: they liked so much about the line that they
: stuck around a while? What brands did you
: used to like and why did you move into
: Omega...

: Personally I used to be pretty die hard Rolex
: but after dissatisfaction with the product,
: service, and their ever raising pricing for
: basic sports watches I decided to look
: elsewhere...

: Thanks

The first watch that I like, saved money and purchased was a Pulsar Stainless Steel Diver's Watch. It stayed on my wrist for approximately 4 years. Loved the watch, was with me during my university years. When I started working I then replaced the Pulsar with my first luxury watch the Tag heuer 1200 series. My fiance who is now my wife bought the exact same watch but in the ladies size of course. We had a his and hers watch which was kind of cute. The Tag Heuer I wore for about 4 years.

Then in 2002 on my first major promotion in the Bank I work for, I decided to splurge a little and bought my first ever Omega a Seamaster 2531.80 this watch I really like a lot way back 1997 during the time when Pierce Brosnan took over as 007 and is still the watch I am currently on my wrist. So as not to get upset on my purchase, I bought my wife an Omega Constellation stainless steel on our anniversary.

So that's my story. The Seamaster has been with me for 5 years now (how time flies) It will be hard for me to replace this watch since it really has brought me luck (career wise and family) So even later on when I decide to buy my first Rolex the Seamaster will always remain with me no matter what and can never be replaced.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE