The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Co - Axial GMT
In Response To: Re: Co - Axial GMT ()

: My SMP GMT that I bought in Feb 07 has been
: awful with timekeeping gaining over 10
: seconds per day no matter what i do.

First of all, sorry for your troubles, but I would hardly call 10 secs/day awful timekeeping. Its actually barely out of specs. Troubling, im sure, but not awful.

: I have sent it back twice and still there has
: been no change in accuracy. In fact the last
: time it came back it now makes a grinding
: noise when shaken gently!

The watch should make a grinding noise when shaken gently. This is the automatic winding rotor and is noticeable audible on the SMP models. Its perfectly normal and it does sound like grinding

: It seems omega customer services is not too
: keen on replacing the unit instead they
: expect me to send it back for yet another
: month!

I find it hard to believe Omega can't regulate your watch to within specs, and likely, if its been sent in a couple times, it was regulated properly and maybe your wearing habits do have something to do with it after all, as positional variance by up to 5 secs/day is possible. Its been reported that the best overnight position to "lose" time is with the crown up. Try this for several nights and see what happens. If this doesn't work, I would email the aftersales dept of Omega with your troubles. Express your disappointment, but don't be an A$$ about it. You will probably get a better response.

: Beginning to wish I had bought a rolex.

WEll, ive heard many stories of bad timekeeping with Rolex too, so don't look to them for any better accuracy. Overpriced and overhyped, but not more accurate

Good luck with it

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE