The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

New Seamaster in!!!! [10 Hi-Res photos]

So the story goes like this............

Got back from my Xmas break and had a little note from the Post Office saying that they had a parcel waiting for me. It was then that I remembered that I had paid for "an authentic 70's Seamaster in great condition" before I went away. So sent the little woman to the Po to pick up said parcel and this is the whole unwrap and photography experience. I've used links rather than embedding the photos as they are high res. They may not appear as links so you may have to cut and paste into your browser.

[Paul, I took the liberty of converting your URL's into pictures, I hope you don't mind -- Chuck]

1. After unwrapping the parcel - the box I suspect is not of the same vintage as the watch. I may of course be wrong!

2. Opening the box - pleasantly suprised

3. Had a good look over exterior of watch - quite happy really. All appears in good order. Following photos are in no particular order:

4. Of course when looking at your new purchase you can never resist the urge to crack the back!

5. Nearly finished!! Last couple of things I want to show you are some real close up photos that show serial numbers etc that will help date this. I think it's from 1972 but I'll let the experts decide:

Mvmnt Closeup

Caseback closeup

Bracelet code closeup

I have a few other closeups like the seamonster eye that some of you may find amusing!

So far I've had this for a week and it keeps good time right outa the box. Hope you enjoyed the photos and those that can assist with dating the watch please do.

Thanks

Paul

[Paul, I took the liberty of converting your URL's into pictures, I hope you don't mind -- Chuck]

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE