The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Speaking of displaying one's bigotry...

Re: I can't agree with this statement

Posted By: FJGS (eu85-84-17-140.clientes.euskaltel.es)

Date: 2/9/08 09:40:52 GMT

In Response To: I can't agree with this statement (SteveW62)

Portions below in RED Comic Sans text originally posted by Steve Waddington:

: Joe would probably not have heard of problem

: with a watch in Spain or Mexico, but due to

: the internet Joe can now.

I can't beliebe, a man posting this ignorance in 2006.

What are you talking about?

Steve picked two countries out of a hat. It could have been Ireland and New Zealand or South Africa and Costa Rica. He chose Spain and Mexico. So what?

I supos itīs normal due to deficient education in USA (unother topic???)

Nice... You complain about people being somehow biased or bigoted and you display your own for all to see.

(only 3 or 4 hundred years history. In spain at least 3000 years of history).

The sad thing is you slam America and Americans, and Steve is not American!

In fact, Steve is a British subject living in Germany.

I, on the other hand, am an American ...

And please feel free to slam the deficient education system in the USA.

For even though we undereducated, uncivilized, mongrel Americans invented the basis for the internet, as well as the basis of the computer you are using and [unless you're using Linux] it's operating system, I do wish I wasn't mono-linguistic. I do wish that American public schools did force students to learn at least two languages in addition to English from the Grade School level on up. I would have hated it as a kid, but I wish I could speak a couple of other languages. I hate going overseas and realizing that I'm basically functionally illiterate anywhere other than in former British colonies.

Take a look to the map before you post this rubish.

Perhaps you should think and consider your assumptions before you click on the post key, as your ignorance is showing.

SPAIN is in europe. donot compare with Mexico please.

The only comparision being made were two geographical regions separated by great distance and prior to the internet, not within quick, easy and cheap communications with one another for the general [or even Joe] Public.

Spain is one of the 15 head countries in the world, and 5th of europe. We have 20 MB ADSL in the bath not to tell home...

I'm happy for you. Not that it really effects me much.

By the way. I own tree Omegas (seamaster 1970?'s, semaster 300, and de ville co axial). And I'm happy with all of them.

I own over 50 Omega's, Seamasters, Speedmasters, Speedsonics, Flightmasters, Bullhead, pockets and stopwatches.

I'm pretty happy with nearly all of them. I'd be happier with some once they are serviced!

Do not forget that people use the internet to complain only when things go wrong, not when everything is fine. Thats the reason people only report problems.

I disagree, I see plenty of posts where people use the internet to rave about their experience with a product. I can't begin to count the number of posts raving about the accuracy of a Moonwatch, or how long someone went between services on a Seamaster because it always worked perfectly and kept great time.

Be careful posting absolute statements, for they are nearly always absolutely wrong. Example: People use the internet to do far more than merely complain when things go wrong.

I'd also recommend to be careful about taking offense over something where no offense occured. I'll also mention that it's usually a good idea to know what you're talking about when you start outraging on someone else. You'll look far less foolish if you do.

In the spirit of cordiality I will refrain from posting the quote from the film "The Americanization of Emily", as I'm sure it'd offend a great many people here.

Cordually,

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.
Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...

Messages In This Thread

Co-axial technology, a bad coice after all!
Re: Co-axial technology, a bad coice after all!
I always have to question the logic
Some comments
The Co-Axial Is Fine...
Re: The Co-Axial Is Fine...
I can't agree with this statement
Re: I can't agree with this statement
As do all other brands
ADMIN! OK Guys. it's time for me to step in :-(
You're A Troll....
coaxial is too new to be judged as fully fine
Re: coaxial is too new to be judged as fully fine
Doubt the Co-Ax to blame, it's probably the c.3313
more thoughts and agreements
Thoughts, some agreements and disagreements...
Re: Doubt the Co-Ax to blame, it's probably the c.
Re: Doubt the Co-Ax to blame, it's probably the c.
I guess experiences differ as mine with Rolex was
Re: I guess experiences differ as mine with Rolex
Thanks Tim, honestly
Re: Thanks Tim, honestly
Thanks tim, good to see others with
No Problem
Hey Tim, sounds like we are on the same page
Absolutely
Agree
Service after sale comment
the price of the rolex and co-axial
I guess it is all subjective but personally
Re: the price of the rolex and co-axial
And another comment (A little long)
I agree with this 100% Cajun
I agree Cajun, possibly if
some thoughts
As usual Georges I will have to disagree
Re: As usual Georges I will have to disagree
And we continue to disagree....
Re: And we continue to disagree....
and again
It means to direct, concise and to the point...
chuck is right at 100%
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE