The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Which of these two Seamasters is the more collectible on

I do like the watch, and the price seems right... but your comment about waiting 6 months is ominous! If these days, $500 can purchase 100 shares of GM stock OR a gold Omega Seamaster (not your chronometer, but the plain Jane I'm seeing) what will things come to, by May Day? Somehow I'm reminded of Dan Ackroyd, in "Trading Places"...

Pawnbroker: I'll give you fifty bucks for it.
Louis Winthorpe III: Fifty bucks? No, no, no. This is a Rouchefoucauld. The finest water-resistant watch in the world. Singularly unique, sculptured in design, hand-crafted in Switzerland and water resistant to three atmospheres. This is *the* sports watch of the '80s. Six thousand, nine hundred and fifty five dollars retail!
Pawnbroker: You got a receipt?
Louis Winthorpe III: It tells time simultaneously in Monte Carlo, Beverley Hills, London, Paris, Rome and Gstaad.
Pawnbroker: In Philadelphia it's worth 50 bucks.

I may have to take your advice about buying two watches, if the world's fair market values are in wholesale collapse!

:The warranty was generally one year in 1992, so it has expired.
: However, if Omega still offered the watches for sale in 1992 and
: they still appeared in the catalog (which is entirely possible),
: the 15 years they guarantee parts will be available would run
: from that point.

: For $500, and you like the watch, its hard to go wrong. If you are
: like the rest of us, wait six months, then buy the Deville as
: well!

: A couple more shots of the Seamaster

:
:

:
:

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE