The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: My Omegas and a few questions *pics* (kinda long)

Hi Sam,

First of all, Thanks a lot, I appreciate everything. Secondly, Nice watch! I was hoping that there was a chance that Omega's information was incomplete. :)

Here's the story on this watch.

My Father-in-law (Ken) is a local jeweler and he had a guy come in last Tuesday and ask if he could trade an old watch for a new one. Ken said that depends on the watches and had the guy pick out the watch that he wanted. So, knowing I collect watches Ken called and told me he had a guy who wanted to trade a Seamaster for a new Pulsar and he asked if I wanted him to do it. I told him yes and that I would pay him for the Pulsar. The guy who brought the watch by was in his 50's and stated that his father bought it new and that since his father passed away, he (the son) rarely wears it because the date doesn't stay accurate without regular wear.

I have been wearing it for a week and it keeps great time +/- 1min every few days.

In previous hunting for info on this Cal. I came across this page. The first picture looks exactly like my movement with the exception of a different serial number, of course.

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/476678/Unearthed%20Rare%20Calibre%20560%20Seamasters.pdf

If you have not seen it it is, or was for me, very informative and a good read. It has pictures of at least one adjusted 560 and at least one unadjusted 560.

Tell me what you think.

I have took the movement out of the case to get the information for Omega. That is when I saw the "adjusted two (2) positions" mark. All parts seem to be the same hue, I checked because I was a little surprised it was adjusted also. The watch appears to me to be legit.

Thanks again Sam. Any other comments, info would be greatly appreciated.

Curtis

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE