The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A marketplace for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for BUYING, SELLING and TRADING only--not for discussing watches. Please limit postings to specific ads for buying, selling or trading watches, parts or accessories that that match at least one of the following categories:

Please see our ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings.

Rules: Postings must be an ad announcing an intent to sell, buy or trade. Full item description and photo(s) must be posted within the message here, not as links to other websites. Links to online auctions and other sites: Links to online auctions, dealer sites or other listings of items are permitted, but you should be careful to ensure that such listings will comply with our other ChronoTrader Policies. In addition, we request that sellers linking to online auctions or listings offer some benefit or accomodation to ChronoTrader readers (for example, some discount or an undertaking to end an auction early, to keep a watch "in the family"). Photos must be of the actual item for sale in its present condition. No counterfeit or replica products. No post for the same item may be repeated within 7 days, except to lower the asking price. Commercial dealers are limited to three unique posts per day. [More...]

FS: Breitling Wakmann Premier 765 38mm Chronograph 1960s *PIC*

Offering another lovely oversized vintage chronograph up for sale.
An uncommon Breitling Wakmann Dial and apparently the only dual signed Breitling Wakmann model produced.

Putting this up as part of a consolidation of the collection. Have decided to reduce quantity and increase rotation frequency. I very much enjoy my Breitling Top Time 810 and that more than scratches my Breitling vintage itch. Nevertheless, this is a very handsome and oversized chronograph that is a pleasure to dress up or down with.

Background
Bought by myself from watch dealer Simon at Orologium in UK who sells a lot of vintage Breitlings.
It has been worn sparingly on rotation for the past year, about 2-3 times a month.
Original link from Orologium is here:
https://www.orologium.com/archive/breitling-765-premier-wakmann-chronograph-venus-178-vintage-1960s

Have seen the same watch previously offered on Mentawatches here as well:
https://mentawatches.com/product/sold-watches/breitling-wakmann-chronograph/

Details
Breitling Wakmann Premier 765 from the 1960s
Three register Chronograph
Movement: Manual winding Venus 178
Case size (without crown): 38mm
Case + crystal thickness: 13.5mm
Lug width: 21mm
Comes with strap as pictured, worn only once.
Service
Last serviced by previous owner in 2019 and checked in early 2021 by Orologium's watch maker.
Condition report (pictures also form part of the description)
Dial overall is in fairly decent condition with even sprinkling of patina throughout.
Crystal is clean
Case and lugs: appears unpolished, no major dents
Lume: tritium lume has aged to a very nice charcoal grey, under UV it lights up and fades evenly
Hour hand has minor loss of lume
Breitling signed crown metal coating appears worn on underside as per picture
Chronograph starts, stops and resets without issue.
Chronograph second hand is just very very slightly off centre at 0 position.
Overall keeps time well.

Price/Payment
Asking price is USD 5600, open to offers.
Payment via Wise (formerly TransferWise), I would prefer to receive funds in Singapore Dollars (SGD).
Price includes Fedex International Priority shipping with full insurance coverage (happy to discuss more details re: any shipping issues).

I will not be accepting returns so please ask as many questions as you like.

Located in Singapore.
I have references on Omega forums if you so request :)
Email if interested/for more pictures on tocking.clock88@gmail.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE