The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Looks Nice / Rust Worries Me
In Response To: Carerra ()

For me, this is a favorite version of the Carrera -- three regsiters; nice clean version of the dial (no tachy, decimal minutes, etc.). The case looks nice.

my concern would be the rust in the movement. seller indicates that the movement is aged and and shows some rust; I would have a watchmaker study the photograph, and tell you what he thinks of it; marks on the dial may also indicate that some water (or something) got inside.

seller has good feedback and seems to be a watch professional . . . maybe see if you can learn more about the condition of the movement . . . he seems to be open to requests for additional information.

thanks for posting the message, and good luck with your decision / bid / purchase.

jeff

: Hi guys , what do you t6hink of this one?
: Thanks
:
: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2633456390

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE