The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Add This to the List of Mysteries -- "C" or "CB" on Caseback
In Response To: You have my attention!!! ()

Steve -- you have a good eye!!

I had just assumed that the "C" or perhaps the "CB" was the marking for Swiss distributor, Cuanillon, but now that I look at it, and some other case-backs, I can only suggest that we add this to the list of mysteries. It seems that the usual marking for Cuanillon is a simple "C", followed by a series of numbers.

I am uncertain about the marking on my case-back . . . it appears to be a "CB", with a bit of a double stamping / shadow. I purchased the watch from Brazil, if that might prove to be relevant.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: So great to see this iconic Camaro 7228 'discovered' by and now
: looked after by such an appreciating person. The condition of
: this guy is A1 and I bet it really 'shines' on the
: wrist-congratulations again on bringing it home Jeff!

: One thing I hadn't seen before is the CB681 (?) on the caseback. It
: doesn't seem to be a Cuanillon marking, but it's not the first
: anomalous number set on a Camaro caseback-which I touch on
: briefly at the bottom of this page-

: https://www.heuercamaro.com/otherco-brands

: There are still some Camaro mysteries it seems!

: Enjoy the spoils Jeff!

: Steve

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE