The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A Couple of Quick Suggestions
In Response To: Monaco 1133b repair ()

It's good that you have asked, as you will not want to trust the local jewelry shop with a vintage Monaco. Opening the case is itself a hazard, that can do damage to the dial if not handled properly. You will want to use an expert that is experienced with these chronographs and has the right tools to open the case, etc.

Here are a couple of quick suggestions that you might want to check out --

-- TAG Heuer, in Springfield, New Jersey, could definitely handle this; with any vintage Heuer, I believe that they would send the watch to Switzerland for the actual servicing.

-- Grand Central Watch, in New York City, has an excellent reputation, and I believe that they have experience with the vintage Monaco chronographs; here's a link to their site -- https://centralwatch.com/

-- I have recently sent a couple of vintage chronographs to Orlando Watch Company for servicing and been very happy with their work; here is their information -- https://www.orlandowatchco.com/

Please let us know how it goes with this one.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I have an all-original Monaco 1133b. It works perfectly but has not
: been serviced in 15 years or so. I would like to get a basic
: mechanical cleaning.

: What places (in the USA ideally) have experience with these that I
: could trust? Thanks in advance.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE