The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re:movement info

: I picked this up at a show and thought it would
: make a great daily wearer. I liked the fact
: that it looks like the Pilot but is pre-TAG.
: It is all NOS, everything is there - except
: the movement! Hands, stem/crown fit onto a
: plastic piece inserted into the case. Maybe
: a salesman's sample? I don't know for sure.
----------------------------------
nice Bit of wounderful parts.
1st I am confused ( easly I know) I Know these came with Heuer cal 185 thay where by ETA Not Lem. So you may have something I am unawhere of or forgot.
The cal. Eta # is 555-232 if my mind is correct and it seems very clear today.
This movment is very cool for a Quarts, it does not move at 1 sec it moves 2 beets a second. Cool to see.
Now that bad news It was a special constuction for Heuer. It is 2 movements really. The time is quarts with a very easy full mech. chrono mod. installed on top.
Do you work on watches at all? if so see if it has the chrono mod. on it. that should be fine. I have one that has a rusted chrono Module but I fixed the quarts movement part.

This movement is no longer avalible I am sorry to say.
Your only hope in The usa ( and on this continent) is to check with protime N.J. Good luck.

Please keep us posted as I need one and am sure others do. I have not checked in other country conections yet.

:
:

: The inner plastic piece that the hands are
: mounted on says "Lemania 183"
: which I assume is the movement. Inner back
: case says SA 183. Looks like it could take
: the same 3-reg date at 3 movement as Pilot
: Quartz Reference 230.006.

: Can anybody help on sourcing a movement to get
: this puppy onto my wrist?

: I'm normally not big on quartz watches but I
: also like the fact that this was late in the
: pre-TAG game.

: Thanks in advance - Bill Mahoney

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE