The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The Answer, My Friends, Is Right Before Our Eyes

Alistair:

pull out your 10X loupe and examine the photos that Andrea has posted. do you see that little "T" just above the word "Swiss"?

I believe that this "T" (which stands for tritium) is a mark from the 1960's, and would not have been used in the mid-1950's (when Heuer was still using radium). can anyone confirm? so when did Heuer switch from radium to tritium? I believe that I can get close to determining this date (based on the dials of the dashboard timers and Autavia chronos), but perhaps someone already has this information.

I will stand by my suggestion that the name "Carrera" did not appear on the dial of a Heuer chronograph until around 1963 / 64.

thoughts? further information about radium / tritium / Carreras?

Jeff

Messages In This Thread

Dato question?
Re: Dato question for Chuck Sorry! *NM*
The Answer, My Friends, Is Right Before Our Eyes
Go ask Alice..
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE