The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer 510.502 Olive Drab *LINK*
In Response To: Heuer 510.502 Olive Drab ()

Heuer 510.502 Olive Drab

Posted By: Andrea

Date: 1/24/06 23:30 GMT

I always read that the Olive Drab version of Heuer Lemania 5100 series is very rare..

I don't know about that... Very Rare is a cooking direction for steaks...

Let's say that of the 510.5xx series of chronographs, the "502" is probably among the least common.

Does anybody of you know the production rates of this model?

I'd tend to doubt it. Frankly, I'd doubt if anyone currently at TAG-Heuer would know the production rates of this model, and I'm not sure they'd tell us if they did know.

The Swiss watch industry is a bit on the secretive side. While certain things are public knowledge (like COSC watches produced any given year) most other information is very closely held and not discussed with outsiders in any "current or recent" timeframe and then by the time such numbers aren't sensitive trade secrets, as the numbers for the 510 series would be today, those numbers, or the documents where those numbers would be noted have been forgotten or misplaced.

Except for historians within the company (if any) the utility of such information isn't particularly helpful after a certain amount of time, even to the marketing department.

The numbers of OD 5100 Lemania chronographs made/sold in the 1980's and early 1990's (if indeed TAG-Heuer was still pushing them out the door that late in the game) wouldn't be all that useful for determining how many similar OD watches TAG Heuer might be able to sell today. The times have changed that much (5100 isn't even in production, much less available to TAG-Heuer these days).

Thank You.

Andrea

However, if we do learn of the numbers or develop a figure, we'll be sure to mention it here.

Good Hunting! Greaat example! My 510.502 is sans bracelet. Although I have a Tourneau dialed 510.502 which is in mint condition with an original bracelet.

Oh! and don't forget that Heuer made 510.500's through 510.503's for Tourneau in the 1980's as well! Here are a few of mine...

Follow the link below for a post of mine on the Tourneau's...
-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Messages In This Thread

Heuer 510.502 Olive Drab
Re: Heuer 510.502 Olive Drab *LINK*
Re: Heuer 510.502 Olive Drab
Olive Drab Guy / SPY = 3.5
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE