The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Pictures not showing...Here it goes again....
In Response To: (Slightly OT) SPRING... ()

Today was such a beautiful sprig day and that I thought I’d post a small photo report. (I was wearing a Heuer, hence this is only slightly OT …)

It was just after lunch and I got a call from a close friend. “Let’s ride” he said. It was about 1 month since the last time we rode together, and I was facing a lazy Saturday afternoon, so this was just PERFECT!..
We usually go ride on some winding back roads on the hills about 20Km from where we live and invariably end up in “Cabo da Roca” (Roca Cape) for a expresso.

As you may or may not know, Cabo da Roca is the most western point of mainland Europe. It is a very beautiful (and windy) place where nature is raw and unspoiled. I love to get to the edge of Europe and fill my lungs with pure ocean breeze 

Now the photo report:

“Pit Stop” for gas (I ride the “beemer”)

Arrived! Let’s get that expresso!
(In the distance the landmark of the westerner point of Europe)

The data – 35º47’N ; 9º30’W
On top an extract from Luís de Camões epic work – “Lusíadas” – Aqui…Onde a terra acaba e o mar começa (Here…Where land ends and the ocean begins…)
(Camões is considered the greatest Portuguese poet – 1524-1580)

A view of the beautiful lighthouse

A view of the sea cliffs

Spring! All sorts of beautiful tiny flowers are blooming

Look! There’s a rare flower there!...

Oops! It’s almost 4pm…
Time to go back for another “session” , before we head home

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed. (sorry for the photos…taken with cell phone)
Do you have some scenery close to where you live that you can share?

Hey, this could be a “show us where you live” kind of thread…

Warm regards from Portugal

F.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE