The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
rarity/desirability : top dog?

Is this the Heuer with the highest rarity/desirability factor?

Common consensus is that the "mcqueen" version Monaco is the most desirable Heuer, but it is hardly rare.

I assume there are some much rarer Heuers than this one, but without the Siffert desirability angle.

For the desirability/rarity top slot, I guess it's between this and a contrasting dial v72 carrera 2447, but I guess that is nowhere near as rare as the chronomatic siffert. A Carrera dato v72c, maybe, but not sure it's a widely held view.

Then there is the PVD Monaco, but it seems dubious (at best?) that this is a "real" Heuer.

Where do the other OtD'ers rank this one (or others)?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE