The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Donīt touch the case!..................

:If you can live with it, leave the case as it is, as Par says, once you've done it there is no going back. However if you just can't live with it, West Repairs are excellent. Richard West is not only a expert workman, he's a really nice guy too,he has done quite alot for work for me on old Heuers,including several Monaco's,Autavia's etc and relumed hands for me on more than couple of watches, he does a proper job.
The resetting of the chrono hand is probobly an easy fix, these hands do tend to come loose on the flyback resetting,a simple remove and refit will most likely sort that.
If the watch runs ok, i suggest West Repairs would be your best option, you'll get a quality job and not loose your watch to Switzerland for 6 mths or so !.

Good luck and best regards
Bryan

Once youīve done that there is no going
: back.Relume hands and dial and service the
: movement.Anybody on the Forum have tips on
: the best to use in Europe for refinish of
: luminous on hands and dial?West Repairs in
: the UK?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE