The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Gentlemen: We Must Discuss David's Message

Gentlemen:

let me announce a crisis situation: counting on all my fingers and all my toes (except the two big ones), it seems that our friend, David, the heart and soul of our little community of Heuer enthusiasts, has traded 18 watches (mainly Heuers) for the four Rolexes (shown below).

and so I must ask these questions, among many others:

• if this could happen to David, are any of us safe?

• are we all destined to trade in all the junky Heuers, to be left with a couple of the Rolexes?

• how will we consolidate our collections, or will we leave that to the heirs and executors?

• what's with these damn Rolexes?

• where are the pushers and registers on these chronos; they are chronos, aren't they?

• will David stop here, or will he be moving up to the Patek's before this is over?

• what's with those ugly cyclops thingies? is David getting near-sighted?

• what good is an Explorer II if the bezel won't even turn?

David: I don't know how any of us Heuer guys will be able to sleep tonight . . . the crisis is upon us!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE