The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
two years ago....
In Response To: Scary trip: your experience??? ()

i sold a Cream dial Rolex Explorer II, we agreed about the price: the buyer paid me money and his vintage Rolex Sea Dweller. The buyer came from Singapore. I received the money and we agreed that i send the Explorer to Singapore and he send me his Sea Dweller from Singapore. I got the Trackingnumber from Fedex and was waiting for the delivery. Within 48 hrs i noticed that it was in The Netherlands but it didn't came to me!! I called the local Fedex office and they told me that they couldn't find the package anymore!! Two days later i got a registered letter from a Law Firm, this Lawyer works for Rolex SA and told me that the Customs did have the watch and that it was a fake watch ( it came from Singapore). I couldn't believe that, i have seen the pictures and the seller was a regular visitor of the Vintage Rolex Forum, all signals were green for me. The lawyer also states that i was an importer of Fake Rolex watches and that i will be taken to Court. Well... i wrote a letter back that i would see the watch in question and that i absolutely don't want the watch to be destroyed. All fake watches will be destroyed! Finally they did send the watch a Rolex expert and he decided that the watch was genuine. I got the watch with all the paperwork after two weeks.

Juko

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE