The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
It depends upon the ends...

Posted By: Brian C. , Date: 6/21/03 15:57 GMT

Looking for info on vintage Heuer bracelets

I just purchased my first vintage Heuer (basically an Omega guy, but I'm starting to really like the older Heuers).

And the competition for quality vintage Heuer's gets stronger! Nothing wront with that! =)

Hello and welcome Brian... I'm also an Omega collector, but I've been into Heuer's in one form or another for a good 30 years or so. There is a lot to like with vintage Heuer's especially for Omega fans as both firms have been natural competitors throughout much of their history. Since they are competing in the same markets for same "jobs" it goes to follow that they have many similarities.

This one's a very nice Heuer diver (circa 1980). Was just wondering if anyone knew any possible sources of Heuer (pre TAG) bracelets for the watch (20mm lugs). Thanks in advance.

It depends on which ends you need for the Diver's... Straight ended bracelets from this era are mighty hard to come by these days, I know an On-line Dealer (and Gray Marketeer - but it really doesn't matter with bracelets) and an eBay auction currently that has a proper bracelet with the curved end pieces but I'm not sure that would work. For straight ended applications I've sucessfully used the Wonderful Rolex Oyster styled bracelet's that Ron Sabo of International Watchmen sells for about $20. Here is a picture of one of these bracelets on a 750-501-3 I own...

Send me an email if you're interested in the eBay or web dealer link...

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE