The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
What the Numbers Mean
In Response To: Autavia chronograph ()

these are not Heuer reference numbers, but they are the numbers and letters that I have started using to keep track of the photographs included OnTheDash.

"RB" means that Ralf Beinenz submitted the photograph.

"Frm 2" tells me the angle / perspective of the photograph -- from 2:00 (two o'clock)

I have changed the numbering since posting that photograph, but I still use a similar system.

we have almost 3,000 photographs and scans OnTheDash, and my system of tracking these images continues to change to keep up with the challenge.

we are glad that you are enjoying OnTheDash and Chronocentric.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi Jeff: Sorry, could you explain me what means
: the letters: RB, a, Frm2 at the side off the
: reference 1163T in your Autavia
: chronograph-main page (Autavia Jo Siffert
: Standard?
: Thanks for OTD.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE